Protection of Information Awareness Training
Created by Open School BC for the Office of the Chief Information Officer within the Ministry of Citizens’ Services, this training is designed for BC public sector employees and builds awareness around best practices and policies for protecting personal and sensitive information.
This training covers four main sections:
- Value of Information
- Information Security and Breaches
- What You Can Do
- Your Responsibilities/Creating an Action Plan
Educate your organization on the importance of information security with the
Protection of Information Online Training course.
All four sections are based on three core areas involved in protecting information: security, privacy, and records management.
After completing this training employees will:
- Know what government information needs to be protected
- Recognize that they have access to information that needs to be protected
- Identify common threats to information and what they can do to protect
information from those threats
- Awareness of the legislation, policies and standards related to collecting, using, disclosing, retaining and disposing of information
- Understand that protection of information is an essential part of their job
The course is being offered through Open School BC’s Online Hosted Service, a state-of-the-art learning management system that provides a secure environment for online learning. The Online Hosted Service is also being used to deliver the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act training currently being offered to BC public sector employees. This online training format allows individuals to work at their own pace, anywhere and anytime.
Delivery through the Online Hosted Service offers the following features:
- access to training 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- engaging interactive multimedia and videos
- interactive self-test quizzes throughout training
- certificate awarded upon completion of training
This online training is available for $45 per employee and takes approximately two hours to complete. For more information or to register for the Protection of Information online course, please contact email@example.com